Post Natal SupportHaving someone there in those first few days / weeks / months after bringing your baby home can be invaluable in helping ease the workload, catch up on sleep and rest, build your confidence and adjust to your new role.
At the beginning of our first session, we will spend time together talking and establishing what your priorities are, so that the sessions to follow can be flexible and responsive to your needs and ultimately support you in whatever way you feel would benefit you the most.
My Postnatal support includes:
- Listening to, caring for and ‘mothering’ the mother.
- Providing awareness and support in order to maximise early bonding opportunities between mother and baby.
- Light domestic tasks eg: tidying, washing/ironing, basic meal preparation.
- Caring for your baby, while you catch up on sleep or have a relaxing bath or shower.
- Helping with or occupying older children, leaving you time to rest or simply ‘be’!
- Newborn care and questions re: bathing, nappies, feeding, massage, sleeping and development.
- I am also happy to offer you a light relaxing massage.
I offer guidance, suggestion and encouragement for you to follow your own instincts rather than using overly prescriptive approaches. I am there in the post birth weeks to reassure you and to help you feel empowered, in times of uncertainty or otherwise. At all times, I will respect (and protect) your space and your time.
My services also extend to supporting fathers and other family members. As well as the mother/baby bond, I understand the importance of the father/baby bond, the bond with siblings and that of the parents themselves. Especially in those early days, best intentions tend to fall short of providing opportunities for dads, brothers and sisters to spend more time with the new addition to the family.
Post Natal Doula services are flexible and can be structured according to your needs.